Generally, our Website is for informational purposes concerning our dental services and offerings. We collect very minimal personal information through our Website. Personal information, or personal data, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
However, our Website provides links to our Services that allow you to schedule appointments, make payments, and complete patient paperwork in advance of your appointment. This information is treated as Protected Health Information (PHI). For information on how we treat PHI that we collect through our Services under HIPAA, please see ourNotice of Privacy Practices.
PLEASE NOTE WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU, AND, IF YOU ARE ASSISTING A PATIENT WITH OUR SERVICES, WE ALSO COLLECT INFORMATION FROM OR ABOUT THE PATIENT. AS A RESULT, WHEREVER WE USE THE TERM “YOU” IN THIS POLICY, YOU SHOULD READ THAT TERM TO ALSO INCLUDE THE TERM “PATIENT”, AND YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY BE COLLECTING THE SAME INFORMATION ABOUT THE PATIENT AS WE ARE ABOUT YOU.
IF YOU ARE USING THE SERVICES FOR A PATIENT,IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU PROVIDE ANY NOTICES TO THE PATIENT AND OBTAIN ANY CONSENTS FROM SUCH, AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS (INCLUDING RELEVANT PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION LAWS) AND REGULATORY GUIDELINES. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE REPRESENTING TO US THAT YOU HAVE DONE SO.
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity or Contact Data includes name, home or billing address, email address, telephone number, or similar identifier.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
- Transaction Data includes details about services your purchase with us.
- Profile Data includes your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data or Navigation Data includes information about how you use the Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use, and shareAggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose, which we do not treat as personal information. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a feature on the Services. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
a. Information Collection Sources
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by communicating with us via e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you provide your name, mail/billing address, email address.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, web beacons, and other similar technologies (seeCookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
- From our service providers. This includes businesses that collect your personal information on our behalf in order to help us respond to patient inquiries, conduct market research, and comply with legally mandated disclosure requirements.
- Other third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or from third parties including, for example, business partners, payment processors, sub-contractors, delivery services, social network platforms, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, data brokers, or aggregators.
b. Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Our Website uses automatic data collection technologies to distinguish you from other Website users. This helps us deliver a better and more personalized experience when you browse our Website. Depending on how you access our Website, whether on our Website or through your mobile device we collect information to improve our Website by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store your preferences so we may customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We use Google Analytics to perform analytics services for us, which may include tracking your interactions with our Website and to store information, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before, and what site referred you to it. Website measurement statistics may be used to personalize your website experience, as well as to evaluate – anonymously and in aggregate – statistics on website activity. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our web presence and to compile statistical reports. Additional information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data can be foundhere.
Certain internet browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, whether that reflects your preference. Please note that with respect to our Website, we do not take any action based on browser based DNT Notices. If you do not wish to participate in behavioral tracking activities, you should follow the opt-out process described inWhat Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the technologies identified below for automatic data collection.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use Flash cookies (local stored objects) instead of browser cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. For information about managing Flash cookies seeWhat Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Our Website pages and e-mails may contain small transparent embedded images or objects known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording Website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity. For information about managing your browser or email program to not download web beacons, seeWhat Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
c. Third Party Content, Apps, and Links